In order for an inmate here at the Montgomery County Department of Corrections to be able to purchase things from commissary he or she will need to have money on their books to use. There are many different ways to put money onto an inmate’s books. You can come to the Montgomery County Department of corrections in person, online through your web browser, by phone or even through the mail.
In person at the Montgomery County Department of Corrections:
- Must be cash or credit. No personal checks accepted.
- The admin office of the Montgomery County Department of Corrections is open Monday thru Friday 8am – 5pm, closed on holidays.
- The inmates order commissary on Friday morning. The money must be deposited no later than Thursday 5pm the day before for the inmate to be able to use this money to order commissary.
In the mail:
- You can either send cash or a money order (we do not except personal checks).
- Put the inmates name on the front of the envelope.
- Our address is 300 E Main Independence, Kansas.
- You have to have on the return address full name (first and last) and your address.
Over the internet via www.JailATM.com:
- Go to the website JailATM.com
- Select Commissary
- Create an account or sign into an existing account
- Select Kansas
- Select Montgomery County
- Type the inmate’s last name and press enter
- Select the inmate