To have an out of state vehicle registered in the state of Kansas you must have a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) check completed for the vehicle. This service is performed by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office. To have a VIN check done for your vehicle you must bring these items with you to the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office:

  • Title for the vehicle
  • Valid drivers license
  • The vehicle needing the VIN verified
  • $20.00 service fee for the VIN verification
    • The $20.00 service fee must be cash

The Kansas Highway Patrol is available at the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office on Thursdays from 12:00 pm until 2:00 pm to perform VIN verification for salvage, rebuild and off road vehicles.

Montgomery County Sheriff